Slaters Electricals Ltd has been a key part of the electrical engineering industry since 1946.
We offer the UK’s largest stock of new and refurbished power and distribution equipment for sale or hire alongside expert installation, maintenance, site and spare part services. We tailor our products and services around your project and site requirements to ensure that your budget, time frame and equipment needs are met.
Our equipment is backed by industry leading warranties.
Have a look at our testimonials page to see what our customers say about us.
Our Head Office and main works are based at our company owned 3.5 acre site at Blaydon, west of Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
- Three dedicated manufacturing areas
- Two high voltage electrical testing bays rated to 33kV, complete with state-of-the-art Omicron, T&R and Megger test equipment
- Two spray painting bays complete with curing facilities
- Shot-blasting chamber
- Heavy lifting cranes throughout
- Integrated oil recovery and refilling system throughout
- Purpose built metal fabrication workshop
- Four fully accessible loading bays
Prospective clients are invited to visit our works, by appointment, to appreciate the scale of our available stock and high quality facilities. Please contact us to arrange a visit.
Our installation division is centrally located within the UK at a purpose built 2,000 sq ft office and workshops in Sheffield.
Slaters Electricals is a fourth-generation family business. From our origin as a one-man agency, we are now one of the leading companies in the power distribution equipment industry.
Mr Harold W Slater established a small engineering agency in an office on Newcastle upon Tyne’s Quayside in 1923, trading in equipment that was refurbished by other firms.
Mr Slater later decided to ‘cut out the middle man’ by refurbishing the equipment himself and in 1937 leased one of the first factories to be built on the new Team Valley Industrial Estate in Gateshead to accommodate his growing business.
The business grew further after the Second World War when Mr Slater was joined by his son, Mr Harold F Slater, in establishing a new firm – Slaters Electricals Ltd – in 1946. The company moved to a larger factory on Team Valley the following year.
Following his father’s retirement in the early 1960s Mr Harold F Slater took over the management of Slaters Electricals Ltd and expanded the business further, purchasing the 3 ½ acre Scotswood Bridge Works site in Blaydon where the company’s head office and main works remain, much expanded, today.
By now long under the management of the third generation of the Slater family, the Slaters installation division was formed in Sheffield in 1994 when the assets and staff of the vastly experienced Bradwell Electrical contracting business were acquired. Bradwell’s had previously been the preferred installer of equipment supplied by Slaters.
Slaters began to supply large amounts of new equipment as distributor for leading OEMs in the late 1990s, creating today’s business which offers the UK’s largest stock of new and refurbished power distribution equipment for sale or hire, spare parts and expert LV & HV installation, maintenance and site services.
Slaters Electricals Ltd remains wholly owned by the Slater family.