New & Refurbished Transformers
— for sale or hire
UK’s Leading Independent Transformer Supplier
We are a leading UK supplier of quality new and refurbished transformers, renowned for our outstanding stock levels, engineering expertise & responsiveness.
Manufactured and tested in accordance with internationally recognised standards (IEC60076 or equivalent), we supply highly reliable distribution, power, cast resin (dry type) and low voltage transformers to cover all common applications, including:
(solar PV, battery storage, wind farms)
Construction & Infrastructure
All transformers can be supplied complete with switchgear as required and come with industry leading warranties as standard.
We sell and hire transformers on a ‘supply only’ basis, or with optional on-site installation and commissioning by our own Contracting division.
Complete Range of High Voltage Transformers for Sale or Hire
We offer a complete range of quality utility grade industrial transformers covering all standard UK voltages, ratings & applications.
Standard new distribution transformers and all refurbished transformers are available from stock on very short lead times, even same day in emergency situations. Larger new transformers, special requirements or high volume orders are manufactured to order on short lead times.
- 100kVA to 5000kVA
- 11kV, 6.6kV, 20kV & 33kV
- 5MVA to 100MVA
- 11kV, 20kV, 33kV, 66kV & 132kV
- 315kVA to 10MVA
- 11kV, 6.6kV, 20kV & 33kV
- 10kVA to 5000kVA
- Voltages up to 1000V
UK’s Largest Transformer & Switchgear Stock
Our readily available of stock over 350 transformers and over 1000 switchgear units allows us to provide faster, more responsive solutions to your power distribution requirements. When your problem demands an immediate solution, our available stock, engineers and installation team provide it.
Our Transformer Stock for Sale & Hire Includes:
- Over 40 new Tier 2 11000/433V distribution transformers
- Over 280 refurbished power, distribution and cast resin transformers, covering voltages of 3.3kV, 6.6kV, 11kV, 20kV, 33kV, 66kV & 132kV, step-down & step-up
- Unit-sub type, pad mounted & containerised transformers
- Special transformers including 11kV isloating transformers, furnace transformers etc
- Dedicated hire fleet of step-up transformers from various voltages
- Dedicated hire fleet of 33 & 11kV transformers stepping up from common solar PV inverter input voltages (320-400V)
- Large stock of flexible multi-tapped LV transformers for a wide variety of applications
View our HV Transformer Stock List
View our LV Transformer Stock List
Do you prefer to get in touch with us via email?
No problem, we will respond to your enquiry without delay.
Transformer Accessories & Services
Both new and refurbished transformers can be supplied with a variety of accessories and related products. We also provide a wide range of spare parts & services to owners and operators of transformers.
- Oil temperature indicator (OTI)
- Mineral oil gauge (MOG)
- Pressure release value (PRV)
- HV RMU, circuit breaker or isolator
- Fabricated steel bund
- Automation & monitoring systems
- Winding temperature indicator (WTI)
- Marshalling box & SCADA interface
- Trip alarm
- LV feeder cabinet or pillar
- IP rated GRP/steel enclosure or containerised
- Transformer installation & cable works
- Transformer testing & investigation
- Transformer servicing & maintenance
- Transformer repair & refurbishment
- Transformer emergency call-out
- Transformer hire
- Transformer condition assessment
- Transformer upgrades
- Transformer spare parts
- Transformer removal & purchase
Why Choose Slaters Electricals?
We pride ourselves on our ability to supply quality transformers to suit your requirements on a short lead time and our renowned after sales service.
With almost 100 years of transformer engineering experience and know-how, our success is built on consistently exceeding our customer’s expectations and an exceptionally high number of returning customers.
The following organisations choose distribution transformers from Slaters:
Take the Next Step…
Experienced Electrical Engineers know to always call Slaters first.