Refurbished transformers to as new condition
Refurbished transformers have been at the core of the Slaters Electricals business for over 70 years.
We refurbish transformers in-house to ‘as new‘ condition and offer them ex-stock on very short lead times with industry leading extended warranties.
Our refurbished distribution transformers are typically priced up to 40% cheaper than equivalent new units.
Our huge stock, very short lead times and cost-effective prices make refurbished transformers a compelling choice if you have an urgent requirement, budget restriction or need a like-for-like replacement.
Our refurbished transformers are also available for hire.
Features of the Slaters Refurbished Distribution Transformer Range:
- Liquid cooled mineral oil (ONAN), Midel (KNAN) or cast resin dry type
- Standard, unit-substation and continental type distribution transformers
- Standard 11000/433 voltage ratio, non-standard primary (up to 36000V) and secondary voltages also available
- Standard 315kVA, 500kVA, 800kVA, 1000kVA, 1250kVA, 1500kVA, 1600kVA, 2000kVA, 2500kVA & 3150kVA ratings
- Non-standard 50kVA, 100kVA, 750kVA, 1300kVA, 2800kVA, 3000kVA, 3500kVA, 4000kVA & 5000 kVA ratings available
- Option to close couple with ring main units (RMUs), circuit breakers, isolators, LV panels or pillars from our in-house switchgear stock
- Short lead times – all refurbished transformers are supplied from our on-site stock
- Comprehensive extended 48 month warranty on refurbished oil cooled transformers, 24 months on cast resin transformers
- Reduced installation and site down time – a like-for-like transformer can often be quickly installed into an existing site or equipment set up
- Environmentally friendly – a refurbished transformer saves raw materials, energy and manufacturing resources used to manufacture a new unit
Our refurbished distribution transformer range includes equipment from leading current and legacy UK and European OEMs including ABB, Alstom, Brush, France Tansfo, GEC, Lindley Thompson, Merlin Gerin, NEI Peebles, Pauwels, Schneider, Siemens and Winder.
NB: We have consulted extensively with the Government agency responsible for enforcing the EU Ecodesign legislation in the UK and have formal confirmation that refurbished transformers are outside the scope of Directive 2009/125/EC. Please see our news article ‘Refurbished transformers and the Ecodesign Directive’.