New and refurbished power transformers
— for sale or hire
The UK’s Fastest Power Transformer Supplier
We are a leading UK supplier of quality new and refurbished power transformers up to 100MVA.
Manufactured and tested in accordance with internationally recognised standards (IEC60076 or equivalent), we supply highly reliable power transformers for all common applications, including:
Power Generation & Distribution
Gas / CHP Generation
Manufacturing & Industry
Construction & Infrastructure
We sell and hire power transformers on a ‘supply only’ basis, or with optional on-site installation and commissioning by our own Contracting division.
We also supply freestanding or containerised 11kV and 33kV switchgear for an integrated power transformer & switchgear project.
New Power Transformers
We are the UK & Ireland distributor for BEST Transformer – one of the world’s leading transformer manufacturers and a supplier to many European national power grids & large industrial enterprises. With access to BEST’s formidable production capacity and capability, we can supply quality new power transformers at highly competitive prices in as little as 12 weeks.
Power Transformer Range:
- Ratings up to 100MVA
- 132kV, 66kV, 33kV, 11kV or other primary voltages
- Ecodesign Tier 2 losses
- Mineral oil, natural or synthetic ester (MIDEL) cooled
- ONAN, ONAF, OFAF or OFWF
- Off or On load tap changer (remote controlled or automatic)
- Ancillaries including OTI, WTI, PRV, MOG, anti vibration pads etc
- 24 month warranty
- Cast resin (dry type) power transformers up to 30MVA
- Generator, furnace, rectifier & phase-shift transformers
- Shunt reactors
- Neutral earth resistors
- Associated HV & LV side switchgear and control gear
Refurbished Power Transformers
As the UK’s leading supplier of refurbished transformers, we typically have up to twenty used power transformers in stock at any one time. If we don’t have a power transformer to suit your requirement in stock we will source it for you.
Secondhand power transformers are a fast, flexible and pragmatic solution for temporary or urgent requirements, budget restrictions or capacity market generators looking for an enhanced return-on-investment
Benefits of Choosing Refurbished:
- 132/11kV, 66/11kV, 33/11kV, 20/11kV & 11/3.3kV available from stock
- Ratings from 5MVA to 80MVA
- Bolt-on or separate radiator cooling banks
- Dyn11, YNd11 & other vector groups available
- HV & LV side switchgear and control gear also supplied
- Full project management, logistics, installation & commissioning service
- For purchase or hire
- Very short lead time
- Supplied ‘fully refurbished’, ‘checked & tested’ or ‘as seen’ depending on your requirements
- Up to 48 month warranty
Do you prefer to get in touch with us via email?
No problem, we will respond to your enquiry without delay.
Project Management, Logistics & Services
All Slaters power transformer projects are led by a dedicated project manager who will act as your single point of contact to coordinate all engineering, logistics and commissioning activities. We also provide a wide range of services to owners and operators of power transformers.
Project Management & Logistics:
- Engineering, design (including cable calculations if required) & drawings
- Stakeholder & DNO liaison
- Factory acceptance testing
- Grading study
- Earthing nest study & installation
- National or international heavy haulage
- Dedicated contract lifting, positioning & assembly
- Cable works, installation & commissioning
- Civil design & construction works e.g. bunds & pads
- Transformer installation & cable works
- Transformer testing & investigation
- Transformer servicing & maintenance
- Transformer repair & refurbishment
- Transformer emergency call-out
- Transformer hire
- Transformer condition assessment
- Transformer upgrades
- Transformer spare parts
- Transformer removal & purchase
Why Choose Slaters Electricals?
We pride ourselves on our ability to supply quality transformers to suit your requirements on a short lead time and our renowned after sales service.
With almost 100 years of transformer engineering experience and know-how, our success is built on consistently exceeding our customer’s expectations and an exceptionally high number of returning customers.
The following organisations choose power transformers from Slaters:
Take the Next Step…
Experienced Electrical Engineers know to always call Slaters first.
Browse Our Stock of Power Transformers
Here is just a small selection of the many power transformers we currently have in stock: