Robust & reliable containerised substations and switchrooms for sale or hire
Containerised Power Distribution Solutions
We are a leading UK supplier of containerised transformer and switchgear substations, switchboards & switchrooms from LV distribution up to 6.6kV, 11kV, 20kV & 33kV.
Manufactured and tested in accordance with internationally recognised standards (IEC61330 or equivalent), we sell and hire robust and reliable containerised substations and switchboards for temporary and permanent applications, including:
(solar PV, battery storage, wind farms)
Emergency & Breakdown
We sell and hire containerised equipment on a ‘supply only’ basis, or with optional on-site installation, cable works and commissioning by our own Contracting division.
Bespoke Containerised Transformer Substations & Switchboards
Custom built containerised solutions, available for purchase or long-term hire, are designed to your specification using any combination of new or refurbished transformers, switchgear and ancillary equipment to meet your operational and budgetary requirements.
While no two projects are the same, we offer solutions up to 33kV normally including a combination of the following equipment types and options:
- Transformer(s) upto 33kV
- Complete LV, MV or HV switchboards
- Switchgear including HV RMU/circuit breaker/switch and/or LV feeder (standalone or transformer mounted)
- Battery tripping units, PFC etc
- Remote switching & control equipment
- 20ft, 30ft or 40ft standard, high cube or modified shipping containers
- Liquid cooled or cast resin transformers
- Oil, Vacuum or SF6 insulated switchgear (various manufacturers & type references available)
- Segregated or open compartments, control rooms, bunds etc
- Heating, ventilation & lighting, fire suppression systems, 240V power etc
Example Containerised Projects:
Containerised Substations and Switchboards Available from Stock
We also stock a variety of standard 11kV transformers and switchgear mounted in shipping containers, frames or other prefabricated weatherproof enclosures – all immediately available for sale or hire.
Equipment available includes:
- 9 panel Hawker Siddeley Eclipse containerised switchroom (8no 630A & 1250A incomer)
- 10 panel Schneider Ringmaster CE6 (630A) containerised switchroom
- 4 panel Schneider Ringmaster CE6 (630A) containerised switchboard
- 7 panel Schneider Ringmaster CE6 (630A) frame-mounted switchboard
- 6.3MVA transformer substations with multi-tapped voltages up to 22kV (ex generator hire companies)
- Containerised switches & circuit breakers
- Pad mounted transformer unit substations
- Wide variety of GRP enclosed transformers, switchboards, circuit breakers, RMUs etc
Do you prefer to get in touch with us via email?
No problem, we will respond to your enquiry without delay.
Containerised Equipment Advantages & Project Management
The flexibility of a containerised substation or switchboard solution offers many advantages. All Slaters containerised projects are led by a dedicated project manager to act as your single point of contact to coordinate all engineering, logistics and commissioning activities as required.
Advantages of Containerised Equipment:
- Time and space saving design
- Minimal civil works – light concrete base or fabricated stand mounted
- Pre-tested for fast ‘plug and play’ installation & commissioning at site
- Weatherproof and suitable for sites without permanent infrastructure
- Manoeuvrable and robust
- Flexible – hire or purchase with an upfront buy-back offer
- Refurbished container & equipment options to reduce upfront cost
- Short lead-time
- Can be reused, refurbished or modified for use on other sites
Turnkey Project Management:
- Engineering, design and drawings
- Stakeholder & DNO liaison
- Factory acceptance testing
- Cable works, installation & commissioning
- Transport and logistics
- Contract lifting and positioning
- Civil design & works (if required)
- Container certification
Why Choose Slaters Electricals?
We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver industry leading containerised solutions on a short lead time and our renowned after sales service.
With almost 100 years of transformer & switchgear engineering experience and know-how, our success is built on consistently exceeding our customer’s expectations and an exceptionally high number of returning customers.
The following organisations choose containerised substations from Slaters:
Take the Next Step…
Experienced Electrical Engineers know to always call Slaters first.