HV, MV & LV Electrical Contracting, Installation & Site Services
Professional Electrical Contracting, Installation, Cable & Site Services
The Slaters Electricals Contracting and Installation Division is a specialist electrical installation, site and cable works contractor & subcontractor working from LV distribution up to 6.6kV, 11kV, 20kV & 33kV.
From offices in Sheffield and Newcastle, we offer nationwide services to owners and operators of transformer and switchgear substations, switchrooms, private electrical networks and associated power generation & distribution equipment in the following sectors:
Power & CHP
Part of Slaters Electricals, the UK’s leading independent supplier of transformers and switchgear, we offer immediate integrated solutions to end-users and contractors from equipment supply and installation to operation, maintenance and asset life-extension.
Experts in HV, MV & LV Installations and Cable Works
We provide a complete professional private network electrical installation service up to 33kV. From supplying equipment to earthing, protection & grading studies through to cable works and commissioning, all projects are handled by a dedicated Slaters project manager throughout.
Equipment We Supply & Install:
- Power, distribution & cast resin transformers
- LV, MV & HV switchgear, circuit breakers, RMUs, switches & tripping units
- LV distribution switchboards
- Generators, capacitors, resistors, PFC & voltage optimisation units
- HV & LV cabling including trenching, pulling, containment, jointing & terminating
- Earthing systems
- Civil works including bunds, plinths & substation construction
- Earthing studies and calculations
- Protection & grading studies and protection setting
- Testing & commissioning
- Drawings and schematics
- Temporary or emergency installations, including equipment hire, containerised equipment, generators etc
Example Contracting & Installation Projects:
Site, Maintenance & Asset Management Services
Our experienced and certified site services engineers provide a complete service to operate, maintain & upgrade critical electrical infrastructure in a safe, reliable and efficient condition throughout its entire lifecycle.
If your site or power distribution equipment is experiencing acute, regular or intermittent electrical problems, we have the expertise, resources and initiative to immediately deliver a reliable solution.
- Planned & reactive maintenance
- Emergency call-out, fault finding, inspections & oil sampling
- Transformer and switchgear testing
- Cable containment, pulling, jointing & terminating
- Cable fault finding, tracing & spiking
- Cable testing (DC & VLF)
- Power quality issues & power factor correction
- Authorised Person (AP) and Senior Authorised Person (SAP) services
- Switching by approved SAPs
- Switchboard extension, upgrade & circuit breaker retrofit
- Protection setting & upgrades
- SF6 handling
- Spare part supply & installation
Do you prefer to get in touch with us via email?
No problem, we will respond to your enquiry without delay.
Why Choose Slaters Electricals?
As the installation and contracting division of Slaters Electricals, a leading UK independent supplier of transformers and switchgear, we use the combined strength of our whole company to deliver seamless solutions and a superior customer experience.
Already have a preferred equipment supplier? No problem. We regularly install and work on equipment supplied by other companies and have a long history of collaborating with other manufacturers, contractors, DNOs and other stakeholders to deliver projects for our mutual customers.
- The resources, technical expertise, supply chain, equipment stock & financial strength of our wider company allows us to provide industry leading solutions, fast.
- In particular, you will not find a greater breadth of knowledge and experience across legacy and current UK installed 11kV switchgear types anywhere.
- A single company to supply and install equipment for your project offers project management and technical benefits over separate supply and installation contracts.
- Technical requirements and schedules won’t be misunderstood between two separate companies and leads to a more efficient & cost effective project.
Trusted Long Term Partner
- Established for almost 100 years, our success is built on consistently exceeding our customer’s expectations and an exceptionally high number of returning customers.
- Integrity is important to us. We never suggest unnecessary works. When we’re subcontracting, we respect the scope of our work and never approach the end client directly for future work.
We hold the following accreditations and memberships:
Take the Next Step…
Experienced Electrical Engineers know to always call Slaters first.