Running a business is hard. It is even harder without the confidence that your high voltage equipment is in a safe and reliable condition. We recommend that all businesses regularly test and maintain their power distribution equipment and have set contingency procedures to follow if a power outage or equipment failure occurs.
Slaters Electricals have over 70 years of experience working with HV and LV electrical equipment including the transformers, switchgear, ring main units and feeder pillars commonly found in electrical substations around the UK. We provide maintenance contracts designed to keep your electrical infrastructure running at peak efficiency and fully compliant with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
Did you know that maintaining electrical equipment in a satisfactory state of repair and in full working order is a condition of most property and business insurance policies? Check your policy today. When was the last time that your HV substation was inspected and the equipment maintained?
Slaters Electricals Planned Maintenance Contracts are customised to your business and site requirements to include some or all of the following:
- Annual site inspection including oil sampling and partial discharge testing, complete with comprehensive inspection report and recommended remedial actions
- Transformer maintenance (ONAN & ANAN) – recommended every year
- HV/ LV switchgear maintenance – recommended every four years
- Power Factor Correction maintenance every year by approved specialist
- Full comprehensive maintenance report complete with remedial actions required
- AP (Authorised Person) / SAP (Senior Authorised Person) duties for sites without staff trained to operate HV equipment
- Appointed person for HSE
- Emergency Call Out
- Priority access to the UK’s largest stock of new and refurbished transformers, switchgear and spares.
Our maintenance work is conducted by certified engineers in accordance with BS 6626: 2010 – Maintenance of Electrical Switchgear and Control Gear for voltages above 1 kV and up to and including 132 kV. We are fully certified under all major industry accreditation schemes including ECA, NICEIC, SafeContractor, Achilles UVDB Verify. We are ISO 9001 & 14001 certified for our Quality and Environmental Management Processes.