New and refurbished distribution transformers
— for sale or hire
The UK’s Largest Stock of Distribution Transformers
We are a leading UK supplier of quality new and refurbished distribution transformers.
Manufactured and tested in accordance with internationally recognised standards (IEC60076 or equivalent), we supply highly reliable transformers to cover all common applications, including:
(solar PV, battery storage, wind farms)
Industrial & Commercial
All distribution transformers can be supplied complete with HV and LV switchgear for a package substation solution and come with industry leading warranties as standard.
We sell and hire transformers on a ‘supply only’ basis, or with optional on-site installation and commissioning by our own Contracting division.
Need assistance with a distribution transformer?
Discuss your requirements with our experts today.
Distribution Transformers Immediately Available From Stock
We have over 250 quality new and refurbished medium voltage distribution transformers in stock for fast, even same day, dispatch.
New 11kV Transformers
- Standard 11000/433V voltage, +7.5%/-5%
- Ecodesign Tier 2 losses
- ONAN or KNAN cooling
- 315, 500, 800, 1000, 1250, 1500, 2000 & 2500 kVA ratings available from stock
- Available for same day dispatch
- Manufactured by BEST Transformer
- 24 month comprehensive warranty
- 11, 33, 20, 6.6, 3.3kV to 433V & other voltages
- Standard or Ecodesign Tier 1 losses
- ONAN, KNAN, LNAN or ANAN
- All standard ratings available from 50kVA to 3150kVA
- Lead time 2-4 weeks, faster if required
- Wide range of leading manufacturers
- 48 month comprehensive warranty
- Up to 40% cheaper than a new transformer
Know what you are looking for? Browse our extensive stock of Distribution Transformers now:
Distribution Transformers Designed & Manufactured to Order
In addition to our standard new 11000/433V stock transformers, we design and supply distribution transformers to your exact requirements manufactured by our partner BEST Transformer.
Options available include:
- BS type bolt-on radiator, corrugated tank or unit-sub (HV/LV same side)
- 33kV, 20kV, 11kV, 6.6kV, 3.3kV or other primary voltages
- Aluminium or copper windings
- Dyn11, YNd11 or other vector groups
- Dual primary, multi-tapped or dual secondary outputs
- All ratings from 50 to 5000kVA
- Quantities from a single unit to 100+ units
- Hermetically sealed or free breathing (with or without conservator)
- Tier 2 or Tier 2+ losses
- On-load or off-load tap changer
- ONAN, KNAN, LNAN, ANAN, OFAF & OFWF cooling etc.
- Special transformers e.g. furnace, isolating, rectifier, phase shift, motor-starter etc.
- Pole mounted transformers 100-315kVA
Do you prefer to get in touch with us via email?
No problem, we will respond to your enquiry without delay.
Distribution Transformer Accessories & Services
Both new and refurbished transformers can be supplied with a variety of accessories and related products. We also provide a wide range of services to owners and operators of distribution transformers.
- Oil temperature indicator (OTI)
- Mineral oil gauge (MOG)
- Pressure release value (PRV)
- HV RMU, circuit breaker or isolator
- Fabricated steel bund
- Automation & monitoring systems
- Winding temperature indicator (WTI)
- Marshalling box & SCADA interface
- Trip alarm
- LV feeder cabinet or pillar
- GRP/steel enclosure or fully containerised
- Transformer installation & cable works
- Transformer testing & investigation
- Transformer servicing & maintenance
- Transformer repair & refurbishment
- Transformer emergency call-out
- Transformer hire
- Transformer condition assessment
- Transformer upgrades
- Transformer spare parts
- Transformer removal & purchase
Why Choose Slaters Electricals?
We pride ourselves on our ability to supply quality transformers to suit your requirements on a short lead time and our renowned after sales service.
With almost 100 years of transformer engineering experience and know-how, our success is built on consistently exceeding our customer’s expectations and an exceptionally high number of returning customers.
The following organisations choose distribution transformers from Slaters:
Take the Next Step…
Experienced Electrical Engineers know to always call Slaters first.
Browse Our Stock of Distribution Transformers
Here is just a small selection of the many distribution transformers we currently have in stock: